B.Comm., CLU, CH.F.C., CFP®, R.F.P., TEP
When Terry joined Lawton Partners in 1991, he had already established a solid reputation in the financial services industry. Upon joining the firm, he put two decades of precedent-setting success and leadership within the personal and corporate insurance industry to practice, supporting the financial goals of his clients. He has continued to work alongside some of Winnipeg’s most talented chartered accountants, lawyers and specialists to create solid and innovative investment, retirement, estate and tax planning strategies for his clients. Terry became a partner at Lawton Partners in 2002.
Over the years, Terry’s leadership within major industry organizations has helped to enhance, guide and shape the financial planning industry in Manitoba and Canada.
His knowledge of the industry is extensive and he puts it to excellent use on behalf of his clients, which is undoubtedly why his practice is built upon a foundation of referrals that stretches back for more than three decades.
Terry believes it is important to develop a close interaction with his clients and feels that establishing their trust is a key element to his success.
Terry’s interest in people and community affairs is reflected in his involvement in the volunteer community. He served as Chairman with the Parkinson Society of Manitoba for two years, though he continues to be active in increasing public awareness of Parkinson’s. He has also served on the board for five years as Fund Development Chair, responsible for the charity’s funds development initiatives, which include the Parkinson’s Superwalk, “Tracking the Cure” and annual golf classic.
Terry and his wife, Allison, have been married for over 30 years and have four adult children and four grandchildren.
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (T.E.P.)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® designation
- Chartered Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (CH.F.C.)
- Registered Financial Planner (R.F.P)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Manitoba
- Former Executive Committee member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (S.T.E.P.)
- Member and past President of the Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg
- Member and former Board of Trustees member of the Chartered Life Underwriters of Canada
- Member and former Board of Directors Member of the Life Underwriters Association of Canada (Now ADVOCIS)
- Member and past President of the Winnipeg Life Underwriters Association
- Member of Advocis (formerly CAFP/CAIFA)
Riley SnellB.Comm. (Hons), CFP®
Riley is focused on helping clients meet their tax, investment, retirement and estate planning objectives. He is committed to creating long-term, personalized financial plans in addition to overseeing portfolio design.
Riley obtained a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from the Asper School of Business in 2009 and has subsequently completed his investment funds license, insurance license and Canadian Securities Course. Riley obtained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® designation in 2018 and is actively pursuing both the Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU) and Chartered Investment Manager® (CIM) designations.
In his free time, Riley enjoys golfing, Jets games, history and foreign policy.
Sandra joined Lawton Partners in 2001, with several years of experience in the financial service sector.
Her responsibilities focus on client file administration, implementation of financial strategies, executing and tracking account activity, preparing documents and providing support in scheduling client meetings.